Sunday, September 26, 2010

...to get Motivated!

Motivation is a big thing for me, well it's big for a lot of us. Let's face it, there are only 24 hours in the day to try to conquer the world, make a living, make a fool of ourselves, or just live life. We live in a rushed society, everyone trys to out-do each other and attempts to do the most they can do and if they aren't motivated enough, then they don't do it or it doesn't get done.

It's selfish to do things without a servant's heart and ask "well, what's in it for me?" I often look at situations like that and think, if I help, if I play a part, who will I meet that will be there for me in the future. Who might I meet that will give me a job recommendation or introduce me to someone else who will.

As a senior in college, I look at all these doors opening, a lot like in the Matrix when Neo is in the room with the architect and they have all those tv's... I feel like that's my life right now... All these tv's are turning on and I'm not sure which one to watch. You have to be motivated to do so though. Why do we take time out of the day to sit down and watch tv? Because it intrigues us? Because others at work are talking about the latest reality tv show or Monday Night Football? There has to be some level of motivation to desire to do that.

Same with everything else in life, you picture yourself standing in front of a door, but where does your motivation lie to go and walk through it? Do you do it for your significant other? For your kids? Or do you do it for yourself and allow for all the other pieces to fall in place? Right now, I have this opportunity with Morgan Stanley in either Baltimore or New York that I'm super excited about, but also very nervous because I'm not sure how "all the other pieces" are going to fall in place, but isn't it those types of opportunities that motivate us more? To go against the odds, to go against the "safe" decision and grow out and grow up? I mean, I also have a number of other opportunities that are staring me in the face, maybe that aren't as appealing, but that definitely show promise. Which brings me to my next point...

No comments:

Post a Comment